You can combine a self-funded plan design with stop-loss protection for more control and flexibility in your health benefits—not to mention potential for additional savings through surplus refunds!
LEVEL Solutions is a self-funding product for groups with 10-100 enrolled subscribers. In a traditional fully insured plan, you'd pay a monthly premium to the insurance carrier—that insurance carrier is then responsible to pay all of your medical claims with that collected premium. In some cases, medical costs may exceed the premium that you've paid. In others, the medical costs may be less. In either situation, the employer does not have additional financial liability.
With LEVEL Solutions, you can enjoy the stability of a set monthly payment* and possibly even get money back if your group has low claims experience.
- This self-funding option has predictable payments, flexible plan designs, and savings potential.
- It's designed for groups that will have 10-100 enrolled employees.
- The employer will be financially responsible for claims, but the plan includes stop loss insurance to transfer the risk of excessive losses to the reinsurer.
- Employers can put aside cash to cover anticipated claim expenses and the monthly funding amount remains level for the year.
- This product is medically underwritten and groups have to complete the underwriting process.
*Monthly payment may be adjusted throughout a contract period if significant changes occur in the number of employees enrolled in the plan.